Thursday, June 6, 2013

Art Gallery of Ontario

Often I'm just as enthralled with the buildings that house art galleries as the art they exhibit and this is true for the intriguing design of the Art Gallery of Ontario which thrilled my senses. Wednesday evening, entry into the gallery is free from 6:00 to 8:30, so Kay and I timed our visit to take advantage of this freebie as did many other visitors since it was a busy evening. Below are pictures from the gallery.

Today, a cold, wet and windy one unfortunately, is our last day in Toronto after which, we have an early morning flight back home by way of Los Angeles. As much as I enjoy our travels, mentally I usually start yearning for home, the comfort, the familiar, and the routine, as the our trip nears its end and I begin counting the days. Kay and I are both more than ready for some rest and relaxation since we have been on the go, all day every day for the past 17 days. We have found, as I have in prior trips to Canada, that the cost of living here is higher than the U.S., thus all our activities costed us a bit more than in Chicago, be it the subway fare, entry fees, meals, or groceries. Regardless, it has been another great trip and we have enjoyed our experiences in both cities, each is unique and worth your time to visit. After I'm home, I'll probably add more pictures taken with my camera, since the ones shown are from my smart phone. I'm sure there'll be a lot; so if you like pictures, I've got them.

No comments:

Post a Comment